We at SPS Eastern Suburbs provide high-grade residential plumbing installation, repair, and maintenance solutions to our customers.
We are the experienced, knowledgeable and skilled plumbers in Sydney that have the equipment and expertise to handle all types of plumbing jobs. Regular maintenance of the plumbing systems keeps various problems at bay. It helps prevent significant repair and replacement expenses in the future.
Complete Plumbing Maintenance Checklist For Your Home:
- The best way to ensure that your plumbing is well maintained is by checking leaks of the hidden and exposed pies around your house. If they are present, you will come across small puddles and watermarks around those areas.
- Corrosion around the pipes is also a sign of damage. Green stains start to appear around copper and brass fittings, whereas orange rust stains show up on steel and iron pipes. Regular maintenance of these should be done to avoid leaks.
- Inspecting the water pressure through the shower heads and taps is also essential. Sometimes sedimentation in the pipes causes a low flow of water. Always check that the water flow is smooth.
- You could also detach the shower head and check for any sedimentation. This step will not only help with a smooth water flow but also avoid corrosion of the showerhead.
- Checking the speed of water drainage is also necessary. If the water bubbles while draining, there’s very likely a problem with the vent. Or if the water drains out slowly, it indicates the drain is clogged at some point.
- Once in a while, it’s necessary to pull out debris or hair from the mouth of the drain to help the water flow down smoothly.
It Is Also Essential To Check:
- That the toilets flush correctly. Always make sure that the toilet water doesn’t continue to flow even after flushing. Keep an eye out for dripping water around the tank too. Missing, chipped or rusted flush tank parts must be replaced immediately.
- Each toilet to make sure they aren’t tilting or moving
- If your tiles move or feel hollow when you knock on them, it usually indicates that there is a water flow beneath them. This often happens to tiles around sinks, showers, and toilets
- For mildew and mould growth
- The bathtub, sink, and the toilets’ caulking to see that they are not deteriorated or crumbling
- The water heater’s burner chamber for any rust. It’s always advisable to drain the water heaters chamber to clean any sediment formation, which would avoid corrosion.
- The flame of the water heater. Clean the jets if you see any yellow color within the blue flame.
- The faucets around the house
- The hose of your washing machine, for signs of cracks or leaks
- If your sink has a garbage disposal system, check it
- The central sewage system of your home occasionally
- The house septic system
For any more information about our burst pipe repair services, please call SPS Plumbers Eastern Suburbs at (02) 9158 3502. You can also use this Contact Us form to send us queries.
Click here for more info.